Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Home face-lift, part 3













This past weekend we also updated our kitchen shelves! I gathered a few inspiration pictures from online of the types of items we wanted to add to the shelves to compliment our new, "Snearly" letters.

AFTER:


The picture art was from Charlie's cousin for our wedding, and the candlesticks were from Wal-Mart. The flowers and greens I had around!
Cost: $10

So this is a very small part of our home, but worth noting because I got SUCH good deal on it!

Despite the fact that our apartment does have a lot of storage, not everything fits in the cupboard. Since we tend to buy in bulk, it's even more jam-packed! We didn't really have a good, accessible place for our lunch boxes...we just kind of threw them on top of our cabinets, sort-of into a basket. It was really, really gross looking. I always wanted something nicer, but baskets are really, really expensive!

BEFORE:

AFTER:
That's when I stumbled upon an amazing 75% off sale at BB&B...and yes, they let you use your 20% off coupons. That's 95% OFF!!!!!!!

I found these amazing woven baskets (they are very flexible), and picked the 3 of them up for under $10. They are amazing quality.

Cost: $8 (Major score)

I hope at least someone enjoyed this...lol. It was fun to make. Is it weird that this is how I relax? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Do you know where Charlie's cousin found your Snearly letter art. I saw a stand at the Art Fair last year and have regretted passing it up. I want a Morgan one!

    Cute decorating by the way :-) It is definitely not a weird way to relax. I spent most of my break reorganizing and moving around decorations. It was very cathartic!

    Hope all is well!

    -Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the frames with your last name. we bought that for our parents and they absolutely loved them. i think we should get one too! you did such a great job decorating!!!

    ReplyDelete