Thursday, January 28, 2010

Winter weather...

Dear Citizens of Charlotte, NC... a winter storm is approaching! Take cover! (aka if you are southern, run to the grocery store and stock up on milk, eggs, and salsa...yes, I too found salsa odd.)

Charlie and I never, ever shop on Friday night...now that's just craziness. Who wants to work all day and then go to the store? Not I! But, we were in need of a few items, and decided to make a quick run, only to find everybody and his brother there preparing for some "winter flurries." And no bagles remained...

Still, while out, we decided to join in on the fun and did our week's worth of shopping. As we left the store, and I was sitting in the car making faces at the dog in the van next to us, Charlie tapped on the window with a large take-and-bake pizza in his hands (something not on our list). When I opened the door he said, "Look! I found a pizza in in cart return! A PIZZA! They just forgot it! No one is around...I don't know whose it is... Do you think we can take it?"

Looking around to see no one in sight, I nodded, and we stealthily escaped with our "stolen" frozen pizza. I think we both thought it was pretty clutch. Charlie firmly believes that it is the American dream to run across a free pizza, and this doesn't happen often in one's life. And so, Charlie is very excited for lunch tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after.... ;)

Fridge stocked, fruit dish loaded, I'm feeling pretty good tonight. Maybe we'll be in all afternoon anyway with "winter weather"! Let's hope tomorrow night isn't bad for Kathleen's birthday celebration at Mickey and Mooch's!

I will leave you with our newest addition to the Snearly household (perfect for a winter storm I might add). Luna's new cadge gear! It's amazing! We bought the exact one on the left. I found it online to muffle her morning whines, and now she's pretty much obsessed with her crate. She loves to go inside, and in the morning I'll catch her in there, even when I've let her out for the day. I think she loves the side padding. It is her most favorite thing to sandwich herself inbetween pillows and bedding. Case in point:

Oh, Luna....

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny that she jumped in that basket!

    ReplyDelete