Sunday, January 10, 2010

The weekend in exactly four pictures.

Here I am, white wine in hand, writing our weekend blog post. :)

Picture 1: Mi pasaporte...
I spend much of Saturday doing some final "Mrs. Snearly" things. I changed each one of my credit cards and online accounts to my new name, and updated everything. I've begun to fill out the passport application form, too, and I'm so thankful I get to change that dang picture. I swear I looked like I had two chins in my old photo! This one is far better. Thank you, Rite Aid!

Picture 2: Avatar...
AVATAR! On Saturday night we went and saw the movie with Katy and Andy. It was phenomenal. I know it hit the box-office with mixed reviews, but we thoroughly enjoyed our 3D experience. The visuals were stunning, and it was a true adventure. I felt like I lived the journey with the characters.

Many complain that the plot is very predictable, and I do agree; however, it needs to be such. The action-packed-love-story-twist-where-good-guys-almost-loose-but-conquer-all is really the backdrop to the extreme-visual world, creative premise, and emotion-stirring soundtrack. We loved it...and I'm so glad there was a happy ending. (Hope that doesn't ruin it for everyone!)

I now want one of my own hawk-birds to fly and hook my flagella hair into (if you haven't see the movie and you are confused, not to worry). Go see it. Worth every penny.

Photo 3: Cooking...
I experimented with some new recipes this weekend, including Huevos Rancheros and from-scratch French Onion Soup. They were delicious. The Huevos Ranchers were actually a vegetarian dish of black beans, salsa, eggs, and seasonings eaten in a tortilla. French Onion Soup needs not be explained, but deserves a picture...

I have a very happy husband on my hands.

Photo 4: Luna...

This is Luna and her best friend Munk. This picture amuses me because she looks so perterved and Munk looks afraid because he is about to be chewed...which might be true. Much of Luna's Sunday consists of sun bathing by the window and sucking on Munk's head. I would love to be a dog.

Happy almost-Monday. YAY!*


*Intended sarcasm

No comments:

Post a Comment