Monday, January 18, 2010

Home face-lift, part 2

So the saga continues on to the living room. I have to say that my three trips to Wal-Mart were beyond scary, and I really do DESPISE that store. The customer service is awful, my hands always feel dirty when I leave, and it abuses me, but I love it anyway because it's so darn cheap! Isn't there therapy for this? LOL.

I've always loved our living room. It wasn't bad before, but we lacked a lot of key pieces of furniture (like end-tables) to make it complete. So, thanks to "Santa" and Wal-to-wall-old-farts (worst/best store ever), and Target, we made it work!

The little details make a difference, wouldn't you say?

BEFORE:



AFTER:


How we made it work...

1) Plants :) I don't have a green thumb (at all), so I went to Lowe's for some hearty, can't-kill-'em-if-you-try type plants for the living room. We put one on the coffee table and the other on the side table in a red vase.
Cost: $15 (plants and vases)

2) End tables! We put one by the long couch that was a Christmas gift from my mom (it works perfectly) and moved the other one from our bedroom becuase we got a new end-table in there. Ta-da!
Cost: $0



2) New throw-pillows! These totally change the room. It's hard to tell from the pictures above, but new throw pillows add a lot of pizazz and make a tired room happy. Not only were our old pillows stinky (thank you to the many faces who have napped on them) but they were also flat... I suppose that's what happens when you buy cheap stuff. Oh well...I can't say we spend much money this time, either! Wal-Mart was having a roll-back on their pillows, so I got 2 red accent pillow for $4 each, and two ornate pillows for $10 each. Aren't they pretty? They reminded me of Spain, and they add a lot of texture to the room.
Cost: $28 (this was the splurge!)


Still more to come!

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm watching HGTV's K&C Show! The table looks perfect. All the changes are darling in the bathroom and the living room. Designed to Sell-Charlotte Style. Keep having fun. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice video event pillow. Looney will love crashing on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, mom! We are having fun with it.

    @Dad-- Yup, she's already claimed it..and we fear put her "stink" on it ;)

    ReplyDelete