Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010, baby!

We're home in Charlotte, Christmas decor has been dismantled, and we're back to the grind. When we came home we had mail coming out of our ears, including tons of Christmas cards. Why does break have to fly by so fast?

Well I guess it's New Year;s resolution time! (A mere 5 days late).

Still, there is something so ironic about New Year's resolutions. More than half the time they are lofty, difficult-to-change habits that resolving to change is more apt to make you miserable than happy. Like the "I'm going to eat healthy food this year." Really? You mean you can't have a day (or week) where you eat chocolate and enjoy the Grandma's fatty gravy? And when you fail and gain a few pounds in February you beat yourself up! And then there's the classic, "I'm going to work out more." What? What does that even mean? Sometimes when I'm tired for me a workout is doing the dishes. I'm serious.

The most hilarious part is the commercials on television this time of year. Have you noticed? Infomercial city for the crazy New Years resolution suckers! The infamous, re-invented "belly fat" machine, wallet and closet organizers, and my favorite, the neck-fat shrinker. Hahaha. You HAVE to see this if you haven't.



This is not to say I don't beleive in setting goals for myself or in New Years Resolutions (or in infomercials...because I do love them). But you don't need 3 easy payments of $19.99 to make your life better.

I find it's best to have specific, simple resolutions that are attainable.

My New Years Resolution's are is really, really simple:

1) Turn off the TV before bed and read instead-- helps me learn and makes it easier to fall asleep!
2) Turn out the lights/gadgets when I leave a room--ECO-friendly and saves $$$!
3) Walk Luna to the "far" poop plot on Saturday and Sunday-- A little extra exercise adds up over the course of a year!

Simple. Not too drastic. Easily achievable. Perfect!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. you forgot avoid infomercials! Neck exerciser. OMG

    ReplyDelete