Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shoe confessions.

When I was a kid my parents used to tell me that my shoes were like rabbits...they multiplied next to the front door.

...and it is kind of true.  Okay, very true.  I wear a pair, take them off when I come inside, and that's that.  Then the next pair comes down when I am about to leave again, and my shoes continue to multiply.  Until they are everywhere.  Oops. ;)

I am trying to get better, though...trying!

Speaking of shoes, I need a new pair of black flats for work.  I don't like to wear heels, because being a teacher, my little pugs can't stand it!  My old pair (from target) is wearing out in the sole.  I must say, though, they lasted quite a while.  Almost 2 years with frequent use!  This is why I buy all of my shoes from Target.  I can think of few pairs from anywhere else.

This is the current pair I have my sights set on:
Again, they are from Target, and only $24.99 with a five star rating (and I always trust these ratings because they are usually pretty accurate.  The way I see it, everyones views coming together gives you an accurate picture of the general consensus of something).  I could buy a nicer, more expensive pair.  But why?  They tend to last as long, and I never wear socks with my flats, so why ruin a really costly pair of shoes with "foot stink"?  And don't judge me, you probably do the same thing!! ;)  At least then I think to myself, "Hey, at least they weren't expensive or anything!"

I don't know if this happens to you, but whenever I buy something expensive, it's bound to break and get ruined.  The cheap stuff always lasts the longest.  Gracias, Tar-jay.  See you this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Cute!
    You didn't mention borrowing my shoes too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! True that, mom. True that :) Mostly your slippers, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pair of peeptoe black flats from Target that I ran into the ground! Love that place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a brown pair that I got on clearance at Target over a year ago, and its still holding up well, I think I need to buy a new sole because its too cute to get rid of just yet! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete