Our small group has some homework for the next couple of weeks.... reading this book! A member of our small group said he read good things about it, so we were excited to get it on the Kindle. Yes, we're high-tech like that. ;)
It's about finding your "soul print" or the uniqueness of you and letting it shine. The book is unwavering in its foundation that God's personal interaction with people creates the possibility of change; redemption, restoration, growth and understanding of who we really are.
It's good so far. The first chapter compared knowing who we really are--made in God's image-- with Michaelangelo's David. Michaelangelo said that David was always inside, but that he just had to remove the excess stone around him to reveal the masterpiece. Kind of like the way God works on our heart, no? It reminded me of being in Italy in 2006, when I walked down the wide hallway to the David, bypassing all of the other sculptures that never broke out of their stone, partially formed works of art. Concealed, broken, unfinished, but never meant to be that way... just like us.
This book seems strong and impassioned so far, and I appreciate that. Should be a good read! I'll let you know when I'm finished how we liked it (Charlie is reading it, too). Have any of you ever read this book? Any Self Help books you love that inspired you?

No comments:
Post a Comment