Tuesday, February 1, 2011

From sick to movin' quick!

I adore Zicam, in fact, I swear by it.  When you have a cold, this stuff kicks its butt.  I can't believe that I am posting this for the whole web to see...but this was me on Sunday.  I literally could not breathe I was so sick:
Photo credit: my lovely husband who was entertained by taking a picture of me being sick.
We have no furniture in our den, yet, so we have been laying on the world's ugliest pillows that we have dubbed the "sick pillows" and a blow up air mattress.  Classy.  And then there Luna.  She was there with me all day...I don't think she felt that good either, to be honest.  All of that moving and family visits took a lot out of us all!
We were all sooo tired!

But, I kid you not, less than 24 hours later at work, I was back in the game.  Take Zicam when you feel the cold coming on and watch it kick your cold's butt!  They should hire me to endorse them or something.  LOL.   (As a side note, make sure you get the rapid melts and don't use the nasal spray).  By the grace of God I was able to actually teach on Monday...I'm glad I'm finally feeling better.  And I'm taking lots of vitamin C to stay that way!  (And Lysol-ing desks like crazy!)

In other news, here is an updated picture of our living room with furniture, which I realized I haven't shown on the blog, yet. :)  Here was the before:
And the after:
We finally finished organizing the master bedroom this evening, and everything (fingers crossed) is in its rightful spot... I hope we never move again!!!

For me, the plans for the rest of the week are as follows:

Wednesday-- Work, continue editing my thesis
Thursday--Work, International House :)
Friday--Work, Small group!!

I look forward most to Thursday and Friday.  But at any rate, I'm so glad to be feeling better :)  Did you catch the bad cold that has been going around?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I can't believe I've never seen yours either - I just watched your house tour vlog and your home is adorable! I love your living room!

    I'm glad you're feeling better. I work with 2-year-olds and constantly have them sneezing and coughing in my face, so it's really hard to stay healthy. I'm battling something right now, but unfortunately we've been the only child development center to remain open today and tomorrow through the bad/blizzardy weather. I just need a couple days to sleep and get well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!

    I must make a mental note to use zicam next time I'm sick... as of now, nyqiul is my method of choice.:)

    ReplyDelete