Monday, February 21, 2011

Floating shelves!

I've been obsessed with them for a for a while now.  Remember this post?  I referenced the gorgeousness of YHL's floating shelves in their old house's dining room:
Source:  www.younghouselove.com
Katie Bower, the writer of another Blog I follow always has a similar look which I love:
Source:  www.bowerpowerblog.com
 I knew that they both bought them at IKEA, so this past weekend, when Charlie and I stopped by, I knew I wanted to take a gander.  We ended up getting the same style Katie has, except in white, to blend in with our molding.  They were only $14.99 each.

Here Charlie is, literally whistling as he works ;)  I wanted to give you an idea of the before.

And here Charlie is using his i-Phone as a level.  Gotta love technology.

And the final result:

I love displaying our beautiful China that is hidden so much of the time...and it's about as expensive as art would be.  I'll have to play around with the setup and more pics when I have better light :)

2 comments: