Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mirror mirror on the wall

As an awesome surprise this past week, my aunt Laura sent us a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond!!!!  Only our new favorite store (besides Lowes, obviously).  Yay for awesome aunts :)  Charlie wanted to use the gift card get a humidifier because our house is super dry, but I knew that Aunt Laura would have wanted it to be the "fun thing" and not a lame old humidifier.

"Here is my 20% off coupon, and my gift card, and I would like to purchase this ugly humidifier and a pack of chapstick."

....

 Yeah...  So I promptly went shopping for a mirror for our powder room bathroom:


It's hard to tell in the picture why I'm not a fan, and you are probably thinking, "looks fine to me!"  Reason 1:  spashage.  If you wash your hands it gets all the little droplets on the mirror.  I was cleaning it about every day.  Annoying!!!  Reason 2:  Age.  It is warped a bit in the middle, making your neck look fat.  Fat necks are so not cute.  And there is lots of paint on the sides from primer and sloppy paint jobs.  (That's on the upper left, I don't know if you can see it).

I kid you not, I bought 3 mirrors, and returned all 3 before we found the "one."  Here was one we bought that we really liked, but it overwhelmed the small room.  Please ignore Charlie's face...I told him "look happy, this is going on the internet."  And he just looks awkward. ;)  But you are looking at the mirror, right?  It was hard to hold up for the picture!

See what I mean?  Cute mirror.  Wayyy to big with the frame around it.  Besides it was $69.99, which seemed like a lot to me.

And then there was THE mirror.  It was originally $69.99 marked down to $59.99, but when I took it to the register, it rang up as $17.99.

Are you kidding me?  YEAH!  Plus I had a $5 off $15 purchase making this baby a whopping $12.99.

That's right $13 for a $70 mirror.  I know I am crazy about good deals.  Sorry.  I was born that way.  ;)



And guess what, we were even able to buy Charlie his humidifier...so we could be all nerdy and picky about the dryness of our house... and have a sweet mirror :)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE how the new mirror looks! And of course I love the great deal you got on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the oval mirror! Makes such a difference! Super cute! PS~the boots are from FRYE! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the new mirror is gorgeous! what a deal!!!

    ReplyDelete