Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let there be lamp shades!!!!

There is a chandelier over our kitchen table, which I don't see too often in most kitchen nooks.  We love it :)  Since we moved in it has been unfinished though.  And I must say, it is pretty overwhelmingly bright without shades.  Makes it hard to watch T.V. in the other room!

I knew that we eventually wanted to get shades, but I went back and forth with what we wanted.  Originally, I had planned on the kind with a bigger lip, that bow outward at the base, but I was afraid of it looking too froo-froo in the space.  Our kitchen kind of has a country feel to it, and while this chandelier could be perfect in the right space, something like this would just be too much for us:
But then I ran across the perfect shades at Lowe's, for only $4.19 each because they were so simple.  Perfect, modern, easy, CHEAP!



 And here our kitchen is looking a bit less ragged by the day ;) 


4 comments:

  1. I love small updates that make spaces easier to live in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I love chandeliers!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had started following, but I guess I forgot! Love the difference that little change made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always love those kind of lights. It looks really good!

    ReplyDelete