Do you have one? It's the big box that goes under your bed or in a closest where you save all of your most precious things: art work you made as a kid, stories you wrote, awards you won, papers you were proud of... I'm pretty sure everyone has one. When something monumental happened in life, in my family we would always say, "Put it in the save forever box!"
Well I guess "forever" starts now...or when you officially move out and your mom no longer wants to hang on to all those things! I was so blessed to have my mom come down and visit for a few days after we moved into the house. (She looks way better than me in this pic!)
...and what did she send with her when she came to visit?
The "save forever box." There are actually two boxes. And now they are my "crap" to hold on to.
Being the nostalgic me that I am, I decided to go through these boxes and see what I had decided to save over the years. I hadn't done so in a while... I stumbled upon so many things...
Like gem of a journal I wrote in 2nd grade, a lock of hair after my first haircut, my band medals from festival and solo and ensemble (nerd alert!), and even a journal my mom kept of me every day for the first year of my life...including my speech development. Hehe.
So I guess forever has come, and my box is complete, to be stored under the bed for when I'm feeling nostalgic. The next box we make will be for our kids. But theirs will probably be all electronic with holograms. Paper won't even exist ;)
Love this! I am embarrassed to say I have many more than one "forever" boxes :) They are taking up some shelves in our garage :) I guess I'd rather have too many memories than too few though!
ReplyDeleteNot that I wanted them out of my house but I knew you would love to have them in your house for just what you wrote about-the wonderful memories that have filled your wonderful life. Love being there with you both. Hugs and kisses,
ReplyDeleteI love to keep the stuff that my kids make and a few other things as well...its great to have a place for those things that are really special to you!!
ReplyDeleteI am blog hopping today and thought I would stop by your blog.
Please stop by and follow either or both of my blogs as well:
Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about life and family at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com
So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE custom blog designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com
I hope to see you at either or both of my blogs and welcome you to follow both!!
Have a great Wednesday!! :0)