I know, I know... It's NOVEMBER 19TH. That's not even remotely, excusably December. But we decked our halls. Literally with balls of holly and Christmas decor!
Don't be mad... yet. Read on.
We are both very anti-Christmas before December and Thanksgiving. In fact, growing up NO CHRISTMAS movies, songs, or decorations were allowed before Thanksgiving. It was only on Thanksgiving day that we were allowed to break out the infamous childhood Christmas films like Tennessee Tuxedo and the Christmas Pageant and The Grinch. I used to scream and run from the room if I heard talk of early Christmas. It's a coveted holiday.
HOWEVER, Charlie and I have crazy lives, and decorating for Christmas just wasn't in the cards this year. It's a good two hours of work with getting out everything and putting the rest away!
I got home from school today, and after 60 graded exams, plopped on the couch. I got to thinking that the weeks before Christmas are filling up....
This Friday we are going to a bar concert, Saturday we have shopping for Siesta and dinner with friends, Sunday is church/volunteering, entering grades (I take home quite a bit of work these days), and packing for Siesta. Monday is a crazy day of school and I have to get ready for Tuesday, whenI will have a sub! On Tuesday I go to the DMV early in the morning, and then we drive 10 hours to Siesta.
Now, this part--to be fair-- is very relaxing. We have 5 glorious days of beach time. But we aren't home to decorate! We come back late Sunday night, and I have to get up and teach on Monday. Bla. I'll come back to an undoubtedly gross room with piles of "busy work" to grade, and a whole week to teach. By then it's December 1st. I probably won't get to decorating until the 5th, which is our "Nut Party!"
Then, we leave for Michigan on the 22nd. What's the point of having decorations up for 17 days? We'll be in Michigan for the holiday!
This is why I chose to start early.
I have to say, though... it wasn't easy.
I walked to the closet...opened a box...then put it away. I got out our fake tree. Took a look at it and put it away.
I sat on the couch and watched a bit of TV after which point a glance at the calendar stirred me to move again. The dog was starting to become interested as I pulled new smells from the closet.
Here is the before with three boxes of Christmas stuff! Charlie was at karate and I finally got up the courage!
It's not too soon. Love the photos. Be sure to kiss each other under the mistletoe! Love,
ReplyDeleteThanks mom!
ReplyDelete