Charlie and I got our Swine Flu shots today-- it was painful to say the least, but I'm glad we got them out of the way. Earlier today, neither of us had intentions of getting the vaccine, due to inconvenience, cost, and the unknown effectiveness, but considering we are 24--the age group that is "high priority"--we decided that we should get them. Besides, I felt like a quick Target shopping trip was in order. :) We now sport matching band-aids and sore arms.
In other news... Charlie and I have missed several Sundays of church due to crazy schedules, so I've been catching up by watching them online. There has been a series on Philippians on the subject of joy. Pastor Steven really captured my attention with these words:
"Happiness is a symptom of circumstances, but joy is a product of perspective."
It caused me to think how many times I lightly complain about the world, my job, and how hard life is, when really, it isn't at all. We have so much-- especially when you put it into perspective seeing what so much of the world DOESN'T have.
Pastor challenged us to make an "Ugly Jar" and for seven days, have a "complaining fast", where each time we utter a complaint, $1 goes in the jar to charity. Oddly enough, we just got a free super-ugly-piggy-bank from Petco during their grand opening. The jar was so ugly, and I thought...what are we going to do with this? Perfect.
Here is the ugly pig that sits in our kitchen. Yes, we drew a face because he needed one! He has to be UGLY!

We'll update you in seven days. This week is long for both of us, so it will be refreshing to be positive! :)
It caused me to think how many times I lightly complain about the world, my job, and how hard life is, when really, it isn't at all. We have so much-- especially when you put it into perspective seeing what so much of the world DOESN'T have.
Pastor challenged us to make an "Ugly Jar" and for seven days, have a "complaining fast", where each time we utter a complaint, $1 goes in the jar to charity. Oddly enough, we just got a free super-ugly-piggy-bank from Petco during their grand opening. The jar was so ugly, and I thought...what are we going to do with this? Perfect.
Here is the ugly pig that sits in our kitchen. Yes, we drew a face because he needed one! He has to be UGLY!
We'll update you in seven days. This week is long for both of us, so it will be refreshing to be positive! :)
Glad you got the vaccines AND found joy in the same day! Love the pig.
ReplyDelete