Saturday, November 28, 2009

The end...

...to a perfect day. And perfect vacation for that matter. Today was picturesque beach weather: low 70s, lots of sunshine, and a very light breeze. We spent about 6 hours on the beach today, smoothing on the sunscreen every few hours, books in hand. We didn't want it to end!

We spent 3 of those hours at Venice beach, which actually had its perks compared to the beach out front. Siesta sand retains water, and because of it's white color, all of the rain made it very cold and compact-- like a brick! Venice beach had warm, fluffy sand and was hardly crowded at all. The three of us ran along the beach, sat under our umbrella when it got too hot (I know, such a complaint, right?) and absorbed our last day of healing relaxation.

Tomorrow is a big day. We'll wake up at 6, leave by 7, and join the thousands of travelers making their way back home from family and vacation. I plan on lesson planning in the car when I'm not driving. At least we have a sandy mess in the back seat to remember our trip by :)

My hands still smell like shrimp and fish from an amazing Captain Curts dinner tonight... I think I'll be full for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment