I have to say, though...it's so easy in our lives to complain about little things, the smallest details of an inconvenience that come up in life-- a traffic jam, a late appointment, a missing pen, an un-charged i-pod when you can really use some music. I was diligent with tracking my complaints...I think it helped me (especially) a better and all-around happier person. I don't think I'm an avid complainer, as I try to see the joy of life, but being a teacher, there are difficult days, and it's easy to find faults with the "system". However, being more conscious of my words was a step toward being more thankful for the blessings that we do have--which are plentiful and something to celebrate. I think we could all use a little of that this Thanksgiving.
We decided to put the money toward the Angel Tree at my school. It's an easy assumption that many of the students were I teach are affluent...which just isn't so. There are students who attend school who don't have much food (if any) at home, take care of their brothers and sisters late at night, and don't have much this Christmas. I see many of them being my school's "translator." This is our way to give back in a place where our love is needed, and where we will see our gifts make a difference. It's true what they say...giving and loving feels good! :)
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Luke 6:38
No comments:
Post a Comment