Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend fun

I think this weekend can be characterized by two words:  laughter and more laughter.   It was full of it.

Friday night I saw the movie Bridesmaids with some girlfriends... it was so awkward that it was funny.  And when I say awkward, I mean AWKWARD.  The kind where you grab your mouth in horror and can barely watch.  Those are always the best. 



Saturday we went to a friend's house for dinner, drinks, and games... so necessary.  And we laughed until our faces hurt.  Until we had headaches.  Literally.  Here's a game you MUST play next time you are with a group of 6 or more...it will make you cry it's so funny.

I've dubbed it "Read it Draw it" although, I don't know the real name.  Here's how to play:
  1. Everyone needs a stack of papers or a notebook with as many pages as there are people in the group (7 people equals a seven page book)
  2. You think of an action sentence and everyone writes it on the first page of the stack.  ie mowing the lawn
  3. Everyone passes their whole stack to the person to the left who then reads the sentence, flips it to the back of the stack and must draw the action sentence.
  4. The whole stack is then passed again and the next person must write a sentence based on the picture.
  5. The card is passed and a new picture is drawn.  Continue in this pattern.
As you can imagine, like with telephone, it gets wackier with each pass.  We were left with tears of laughter streaming down our faces from some of the hilarity.   Mowing the lawn can turn into a dinosaur attacking a small village very quickly.  ;)

This weekend we also went to the fabric store on a mission to reupholster our dining room chairs.  It was seriously the cutest little shop near downtown.  We found the perfect fabric for our dining room chairs.  It looks like it will be about $50 to reupholster all six.  I LOVED the store and could have stayed all day just looking at the options.  They had so many amazing fabrics, it was hard to choose.  Here are some of the pictures:
You'll just have to wait and see what we pick!  I'm ordering it tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you picked. I smiled remembering that crazy game. Play with enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete