This weekend was also amazing because we were spoiled and had my sister-in-law, Laura, and her boyfriend, David, in town :) Family makes you feel like a million bucks, and we had SUCH a good time. I think I may need another weekend after our fun-filled weekend, because it wasn't for the weary/tired.
| Our bottles of red wine!! |
Saturday Laura and I went to a Zumba class in the morning, and then we went out to Lake Wylie to see a property Char's parents were interest in. It turned out to be a bust of a place, but the food on the lake was amazing. Can't go wrong there :) After a nap we were ready for some hanging out and my birthday party downtown :) Many of our Charlotte friends came, and I felt very loved :)
| After lunch on the lake |
| T-bones...best restaurant in Lake Wylie! |
| My birthday night at Kristopher's! |
| My Crocks! |
| Right before rafting! |
Our guide told us he would take us on 3-4 level rapids because were were the young adults group. To give you an idea, 6 is Niagara falls, 1 is your bathtub. David, my sister-in-law's boyfriend, is 6'5" and his brother is about 6'8". I think we looked like we were ready for a crazy ride and our guide said he had done "families" all day and was ready for some fun. Gulp???
It was insane, and before we finished the 1st lap around, Chris, the 6'8" guy, flew midair out of our raft and floated away...we had to meet him at the next bend. On the next run, David, Charlie, and Chris popped out... I thought for sure I had this stay in the boat thing down.
Then something like this happened:
It was actually pretty awesome. I don't even remember flying in the air. I just remember our guide passing me his oar and blowing his whistle. I was yanked back in and contrary to how I thought I would feel, I had a giant smile plastered across my face: That was AWESOME. You gotta live a little. :)
Following the rapids, we stuck around for some life music and a drink. We crashed so hard that night, as I'm sure you can imagine.
Monday was a day of lazing about in the sunshine, reading, and getting a pedicure with my sister-in-law. I may even have gotten a little color. I know, scandalous, right? ;)
I couldn't have asked for a better Memorial Day weekend. I hope you had fun wherever you were...
Sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend and such fun. Thanks thanks for sharing the photos.
ReplyDelete