Monday, May 2, 2011

Hardly eye-candy.

When we moved into our home with a 25-year story, I was secretly hoping to find some relic or letter from the previous owner hidden in the walls....  A note.  A poem.  A clue to their story...

Little did I know I was about to find that clue behind door number 1...in our bonus room!!!  Literally.

I was showing a friend who had come to visit for the evening a tour of the house, and she asked to peek in the little doors.
I told her why not, and as Luna went inside to check it out, I peeked around the corner and noticed a box I had never seen before.  And we found a note placed inside!  Unfortunately, it wasn't a story, but information on how to work with ceramics...
 And then, wrapped in newspaper were tons of ceramics.  Creeptasic if you ask me.
Anyone feeling patriotic?
Need a little bell?
The ceramic hills are alive!
But I think these take the cake.  I put them on Charlie's desk to freak him out...and they did the job!
Who would ever make creepy babies like this???

So there we go...relics from owners past.  I took them to the Goodwill.  Guess how much they priced each of them for?  $2.99.  HAHAHA ;)  One man's trash is another man's treasure, right?

1 comment:

  1. Those are horrible. Bye bye. If you'd known that Chuckie's cousins were living in your house, you wouldn't have been able to sleep at night!

    ReplyDelete