Friday, May 6, 2011

a week.

Yup.  It was one of those.

When DH snapped this picture I was in a zombie state with Luna, who was apparently feeling the same way.  Char always tells me that we are the same person, just dwelling in two different bodies.  Luna and I connect on many levels.  ;)

Honestly, it wasn't a bad week--it was rather good-- just a really busy tiring one.  We had lots of commitments this week like a friend's birthday party uptown on Tuesday and taco night with church friends on Thursday.  The two late nights really got me. 

There were also so many things that I wanted to get done, but they just didn't happen.  Like buying mothers day cards...I did that, but then I forgot to mail them.  According to Google, Mothers day is now 1 day and 2 hours away, so I fail.  Then there was a huge truck that came down and delivered our furniture from Michigan (lovingly packed and sent by family).  And I didn't even take pictures for them, yet after all their hard work... or call to thank them.  Or keep my phone on for that matter!  I just kept forgetting to charge it after Wednesday.  Ugggggg.

Then there was Cinco de Mayo.  I forgot about it until the day of, honestly, and my kids drove me crazy asking why we couldn't have a party.  Why didn't you bring us food, Sra.?

I think the real question is, Paco, why didn't you bring Sra. food?

(((And just to set the record straight... Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of the Mexicans winning a battle against the French 200 years ago that is really only celebrated in one region of Mexico called Puebla.  It's more widely celebrated here in the US than in Mexico  :) )))

This weekend is one for chilling.  Next weekend we have plans with friends, and then the weekend after that is my BIRTHDAY!  I'll be 26.  Which means I'm more than 1/2 way though my 20s.  Which is weird.  My sister-in-law and her boyfriend are coming to visit that weekend.  And we are going to the National Whitewater Center.  So excited. :)

1 comment:

  1. Missed you this week. Go glad for the blog to know the deal. Love to you and Char. Luna too!

    ReplyDelete