Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Need feedback.

Charlie is going to kill me for even typing this.  KILL ME.

I want to paint our master bedroom.

Ah. 

I said it.

After painting our bookshelves, the den, AND the powder room (in the span of two weekends) Charlie is not really in a painting mood.  Understandably so.  But  I will convince him.  I must.  I will be working my magic.  I am good at this.  :)

Maybe you will side with me when you see the room.  It's so....bla :(

It's not BAD...it's just beige, on beige, on brown, on beige.  Like I said, bla.

I snagged these beautiful works of art on clearance at Kirklands a while back.  We had them in our dining room, but the look wasn't quite right.  I knew they belonged above the bed instead.

I love them, and they were less than $20 each.  ((As a side-note, however, after picking so many FREAKIN' WEEDS, these do somehow look a little like weeds to me.  And that is kind of sucky, because, me and weeds, we are fighting right now.  Actually, it's more like hardcore war.  But if you ignore the fact that they may or may not be weeds, I still really like the pictures.))

And so...we want to go bold.  Pretty, very bold.  This is the plan.  Enter Valspar's Voyage and Drizzling Mist....

I plan to do a back accent wall in Drizzling Mist, the darkest color, and then a lighter Voyage color for the rest of the room.  (It's hard to tell in the picture, but the ceilings are white.)

Feedback, please.  Are we liking?  Suggestions?  I hope I can convince Charlie to keep painting with me.  He told me that he may in-fact faint and fall into spasms if he sees another paintbrush this year.  Looks like Kathryn may be going solo on this one... ;)

But I must paint.  Something about Drizzling Mist and Voyage make me was to curl up and sleep.  This is good in a bedroom, no?

Psst!  Check out how Luna is adapting to all the painting...the crazy girl ;)

3 comments:

  1. I think that would look awesome! I'd totally help you paint if I lived closer! ;) Our bedroom has the same color scheme, and I'd love our walls to be blue instead of beige, but they're all textured and it would be a huuuge pain.

    I love that artwork too - Kirklands is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE painting. It's necessary. Just remind Charlie that blah is boring and the sooner you paint the sooner you'll make your home feel homey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that color. Very rich and nice contrast to the browns and tans in your bedding and the artwork. Luckly you have that great ladder and you'll need long handled rollers. Isn't the computer cool that way you can try out a color?

    ReplyDelete