Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Furniture!

YAY!  We FINALLY got our new couches.  They arrived on Saturday afternoon, right before we were going over to our friends' house to help them take up their carpet.  That's what friends are for, no? ;)

Anyway, we were SO GLAD to get them!  We had been living on air-mattresses on the floor for the past several months.  It was kid of fun, I'll admit.  Kind of bachelor-pad-o, but fun :)  Still, that didn't change the fact that we were jump-up-and-down excited for our new furniture to come.

Enough ramble, here are the pics.  Here was the room "before," on closing day. 
Here is the room now.  A fresh coat of paint on the built-ins, a fresh coat of paint on the walls, and a place to sit!

 Here are more angles if you are nosy like me :)

Here is looking into the kitchen (we eventually plan to mount the t.v.):
 Here is an up-close of how we dressed up the fireplace mantle, it's obviously still a work in progress, but it didn't cost a lot at all.  Everything was IKEA.  It's a Ribba Shadow-Box frame (just $19.99 I believe), and the little votives were only $ .50 each.  We already owned the candles.
And for the record, the couches are VERY comfortable...just ask LUNA.  She is the best judge of this sort of thing.

Still left to tackle:
  • Spraypaint fireplace doors (blag!)
  • Get a fire tools set so we can actually have a fire!
  • Find art for between the windows
Thank you Vicki and Chuck for our awesome housewarming gift! :)

3 comments:

  1. It's looking great! And painting the fireplace doors will make SUCH a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! You know you picked good couches when you get the doggy seal of approval ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color in the backs of the built-ins! I'm about to tackle a project for papering the back of a hutch and I'm crazy nervous!!! I don't want to screw it up because I only bought one roll of paper and now can't get it anymore (regretting the attempt to save $5). Super cute and it does look super comfy. In fact, I think my couch is calling my name right now (how about a 15 minute snooze before my girls wake up from their naps...).

    ReplyDelete