to kill a honeybee hive?
There is one under our porch, and Charlie mentioned we should just spray the thing and call it a day. But there is a part of me that doesn't want to see them die. I know, I know, it would prevent us from using our porch and that would stick.
They somehow seem very smart to me, though. There are always a few riding the wind over the deck (I never realized they did this!). They almost seems to be playing, too. They fly in these very specific, repetitive patterns and they seems to chase each other. It is so fascinating!
I feel so guilty killing them because of all of the beautiful flowers they pollinate, the honey they make, and their intelligence...their workmanship is divine, and it seems wrong. (Wasps, on the other hand, those suckers were meant to die.) Honeybees...how can you not love them?
Sigh, I supposed with a severe bee allergy in my genes (my father) it might be a good idea to put them to rest.
Why do they have to make me feel all nostalgic and guuuuuilty!!!!!?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment