Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sausage!

Charlie and I have been really, really enjoying Italian Sausage. (If your mind is in the gutter, please remove it promptly. Hehe.)

In all seriousness, it's a meat that we have totally neglected, and have just discovered the tastiness of. We've been around the block with chicken, ground beef, and ground turkey. It just gets so old! I suppose sausage was the next logical step.

It all started when I had a coupon for authentic Italian sausage, and I purchased it on a random Saturday at Harris Teeter. Charlie cooked it on the skillet with marinara and spices and it was so delicious!

On our return trip to Harris Teeter the next week, we bought more (buy one get one free), but we weren't charged the buy one get one free price. Luckily, Harris Teeter makes a promise that if they ever overcharge you for ANY product, and you bring it to customer service, they refund DOUBLE what they owe you. (A very little known fact, and very noble of them). So, I kindly brought my packages of sausage to the Harris Teeter lady, to be handed almost $10. We actually made a profit shopping! (something Charlie was quiet proud of), and we have two delicious trays of sausage in our fridge. Yum, yum... sausage night!

2 comments:

  1. You are your father's daughter! Glad Charlie shares your love of those sausages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn:

    I just got back from Wegman's and they have tons of flavored sausages (some chicken & turkey). But one of the best sounding was maple syrup and brown sugar breakfast sausage.

    ~Dad

    ReplyDelete