Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas gadgets!

Chinese is on the way, dog is walked, tree is lit, and we're basking in the beauty of Friday :) (Charlie's reading his book, he wanted the world to know. And I'm blogging!)

Tomorrow I'm off to get some Christmas shopping done... I have my list and everything.

It's funny to read about those "hot" items that are flying off the shelves this year. You know, the kind that kids whine in cry that they HAVE to have... like this year's little robotic hamster, Zhu-Zhu. Have you heard of him? Why wouldn't you want to spend $60 on ebay on an $8 robotic hamster that crawls along the floor, glides up ramps and makes a flushing toilet noise when it enters the bathroom?

Ha. Sign me up.

When I was a kid I remember I just had to have a Oopsy Daisy. I was completely hooked by the commercial:

Christmas of 1990, I had my dream baby, opened her up, let her crawl and fall...and then I was...bored. That's all she could do! Her limbs couldn't bend, so you couldn't hold her, or play with her...I don't think Oopise had much fun after the 25th. Doesn't sound too far off from little Zhu, Zhu, now does it?

Now one gift I just can't quite wrap my head around is nook. It's another sold-out item...it's like an i-Pod for books! You can upload any novel you want, and read it in the palm of you hand. I've never seen one up close, and it looks cool...but there is something so liberating to me about being able to hold, touch, and smell (yes, smell) my books. I love fluffing the pages, holding it to the light at night, and writing and highlighting them. Maybe I'll change my mind...does this make me a fogie? LOL.

Happy Friday!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I remember that Oopsy all too well. Especially all the hype before hand. As I remember, you were bored before it fell over.

    ~Dad

    ReplyDelete