Monday, November 14, 2011

Painting the entryway.

So, as I said in a previous post, I have been brainstorming paint ideas, and we got around to picking up some samples during this long weekend.  I got Behr's Toasted Wheat and Burnt Almond because they were my favorites on the online painter.

I almost immediately ruled out Burnt Almond.  I looks like baby poop to me.  And I think it's too dark.

Of the two, I really liked the Toasted Wheat, but I was still concerned it was too light and too fleshy colored.  So, just for kicks, I decided to bring out some paint samples from when we painted our bonus room to see if those colors might be better suited.  I slapped them up on the wall (Gallery Taupe and Cup of Cocoa)...and I really liked Cup of Cocoa.  It is a nice mix between baby poop Burnt Almond and flesh colored Toasted Wheat for the perfect warm brown. 
Here are the colors closer up...
Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Cup of cocoa. Warmer color. Toasted wheat looks more gray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,m sure you'll pick the right shade, you always have. Want to come and choose a whole house of colors for me? Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the Gallery Taupe. Can't wait to see which on you choose!

    ReplyDelete