Monday, November 7, 2011

Murder Mystery Party

We hosted our Murder Mystery Party this past weekend. 

It was...killer

For real, though.  It was really fun, and everyone really got into their characters.  The name of the party was Totally Tubular 80s Murder Mystery Bash.  I love the 80s.  Who doesn't love the 80s?

I played Polly Pingmold, a selfish, Rubik's cube obsessed, wannabe 80s prom queen who was never popular in high school, but thanks to my $50,000 lawsuit against Bo Pontana, an arrogant, stuttering quarterback, I'm not-so happily married, but very, very rich.  Charlie was my husband, Ivan Pingmold, CEO of a Ghostcatching business with a flatulence problem.  (He even found a fart app for his phone.  Awesome.)  Here we are in all our 80s glory....(yes I crimped my hair!)
Here I am playing with my Rubik's cube in the kitchen while I finished cooking...it was actually the murder weapon!
The entire gang looked totally tubular...

The most fun part of the evening was the murder.  Other parties I've been to the murder already happened and the guest's job is to figure out who the killer was throughout the night.  For this party it happens during the evening.  Bo Pontana (Ben) was *killed*.  I hid face paint under the sink, as instructed to do so in the host manual, and during the night, the murderers clues and information instruct him/her to go "die"...which he did.  Very well. 

Ben and Erika...who later on that evening told us they are expecting.  YAY!  Better save this pic for the kids ;)
 If you remember from this post, I was trying to think of decor on the cheap-o for the event.  I ended up going to the Dollar Store and the Goodwill and the table looked like this in the end...
 
Here's what I ended up getting for the party:  Ring Pops, Candy Bracelets, Pop Rocks, Fun Straws, Records as Chargers, Fun, sparkly centerpieces, Confetti, Streamers, Ugly, 80s red dress, Prom tiara $1
Charlie's 80s rocker wig ($2 at Walmart after Halloween Sale).  I spent just around $20 for everything.


Everyone got ring pops and pop rocks as favors...and way cool straws!
If you want to host your own party...you can find them here.  Gag me with a spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment