Friday, November 11, 2011

Our bonus room.. has SEATING! :) :D

This was our adventure this Veteran's Day.  Since I had the day off and all! :)  We got up bright and early and rented a truck from Home Depot, which only turned out to be $35 or so (with gas and everything) and we headed to Ikea.

We got there at 9:50, and they open at 10:00.  But we noticed that some other people were getting in early, so we did, too!  We knew exactly what we wanted so we b-lined for them.  I don't know if you know anything about Ikea, but it is extremely hard to get out of there.  Extremely.  And since time was money with the truck we planned on moving FAST. 

And the entire trip took us...20 minutes.  Yeah, 20 minutes.  If you've ever been to Ikea you know this is nothing short of miraculous.  We bought a 300 lb. sofa, 4 white frames, and two Venetian blinds.  The sofa came in four boxes, so we loaded it with the help of an employee, and we were the first people in the entire store to check out.  Because nobody arrives at Ikea when it opens and checks out 20 minutes later.  LOL.  It was great.

Everyone was surprisingly nice, too.  It helps to be the only customers in the store!  When it's busy, forget finding help!

Here is a video I put together of us assembling a sofa.  And no, you won't get these 5 minutes of your life back. 

Enjoy.  We're marginally entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. That looks really comfy!! And your trip to Ikea was definitely miraculous haha

    Cortney @ themusingsofasimplegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one efficient IKEA trip! I always try to get there by 10 but I can never manage to get myself out of there that quickly. You two are pros! Congrats on the new stuff. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete