Thursday, November 10, 2011

Inspired to paint...again!!?!?

So there are some new home happenings around our household that I haven't really shared, yet.  I've been holding out on your guys!!!

J/k.  I've just been really busy ;)

The first thing in the new and bold department it painting.  Yes, painting.  My favorite.  Although we will probably hire it out because a) we've found painters who work at a very good rate and b)  I don't want to hurt ourselves painting on vaulted ceiling staircases.  That's just a bad idea.     

In terms of color, want to warm up the entryway and upstairs hallway.  It feels kind of cold to me.  Here is a recent picture of the space decked out for fall.
Then I was on Pintrest, my new addiction, and I saw this picture:
I fell in love with the warmer color and I knew I wanted to do something similar.  But knew It had to match the connecting rooms and their paint colors.  And then I came across Toasted Wheat while playing online at Behr Paint.com.  And then I put this color board together to make sure it would all work.
Looking at it like this, I didn't realize how earthy our house colors where.  But they really are.  They aren't to scale or in the order they appear in the house, but I wanted to show how the back color, Toasted Wheat, would connect all the rooms seamlessly.  I'll have to buy a paint tester and try it out.  That's always the key.

In addition to painting, Charlie and I have also been researching couches for the redone bonus roombly:
After a failed purchase (a great deal on a couch that wouldn't fit up the stairs of the bonus room) we decided that we would have to assemble a couch up there.  The requirements are...
  • It has to be around $600 or under.  Yeah, we're cheap.
  • It has to be able to be converted into at least a double bed
  • It has to be comfortable and kid friendly
  • It has to fit the space.
The goal is to use this room as a play area for future kids/hang out.  Charlie's old office TV from back in the day will eventually go up there when there is a sweet sale on a better one.  But I digress... enter Ikea's Manstad...
I have been eyeing it for a few months now.  It's pretty much the perfect couch for the space.  And, as luck would have it, it's currently on sale at Ikea because we are part of the Ikea "Family".  Saving us about $100.  We are going to look at it tomorrow and see if we like it..and then rent a truck and buy the sucker.  And assemble it.  Joy.

Remember my red rug from the "old" living room along with the throw pillows?  They will be perfect up there.  Because they are just sitting in storage.  I'm thinking I might also put that red Ikea print up on the staircase right when you walk up... we'll see :)
So that's pretty much it around here....

No comments:

Post a Comment