We finished our formal living room!!! So, because I'm a sucker for them just like you are, here are some before and after pics.
Before:
And the after:Here is the before from another angle:
And the after from the same angle...
Here are a close-up of some of the things that made the room:
- Behr Paint. We love Behr paint now. We've totally crossed over to the "dark side" with this one. (Sorry, Lowes!) The color we chose was, you guessed it from the prior post, "Contemplation" It makes the room, and the color is the perfect green, blue, grey.
- Pillows! I found pillows at Steinmart. They were originally marked down to about $15-$20 a piece (from $30 to $40 originally) and then they were an additional 50% off of that for a limited time. I scooped up 5 for under $50. Yeah. Winning.
- This art...I owned the frame and I took the "sepia" print myself in Girona, Spain. (I thought it played well off the brown gold in the flower print.) We originally had a collage of pictures of Charlie and I, which was pretty with the frames, but looked exceedingly vain. So that was gone promptly. The only thing we paid for for this part of the project was the matte from AC Moore.
- The rug...ah, yes the rug. I knew I wanted high-pile, and I knew I wanted and ivory, stain resistant guy. I searched high and low online for something, but found nothing that was under $200. They were all $250, $300, or upwards of $500. He** no am I paying that much for a white-ish rug. Enter Walmart. Walmart how I
hatelove you. I bought this guy for UNDER $150. Yeah. It was a major score.
Luna is very smart, but (and I have said this many times) I often feel she is so smart that she over-thinks things.
Oh, this is new. It is smelly. And white. And white means something is wrong with it. Why would they put something of this horrible color of white in this room? Let me smell it. Yes, something must be wrong. It is white and too clean. Why is everyone spending so much time in this room now? Oh, I know!!! Ah, it's grass!! It's grass for me. But of course. They want me here because I am supposed to pee here now. Thank you for my new grass, everyone.
And now my perfect new room is far from perfect.
Fraggle rock. Well, this picture will have to sit in my head until my rug dries and I get my room back...
Happy almost Monday.

Yayy Kat! The new color and accessories make the room so serene and sophisticated! HOoray! xox!
ReplyDeleteWe think it's wonderful you can make a funny story about the dog peeing on your new rug. You'll be all set for children! Grandma
ReplyDeletelove the new look! simple touches made the biggest impact!
ReplyDelete