Thursday, October 27, 2011

Faith

These past couple of weeks have been really eye-opening for me spiritually and and physically.  And I'm not even the one who is dealing with the real pain of loss. I haven't really been blogging for lots lately because I've felt un-inspired, and I feel like God has been quitely working on my heart.  So I let him work, and I was still.  For once ;)

A student at my school lost his father tragically last month.  When I found out, I just held his classroom name tag and cried.  For him.  For his family.  For the reasons as to why it happend.  I adore this child, and everything about him.  He's 12 and his life will never be the same. 

Then, a few weeks later, a student I taught last year died of a brain tumor.  He was in remission when I had him, and the tumors came back agressively, and he passed quickly.  He wasn't in pain when he passed, and he was able to say goodbye to his family.

I come no where near to being even close to slightly feeling the pain and loss that these families have suffered.  I can only pray for them.  But my heart is shaken, and a child's suffering is always magnified by thousands.  It is unjustifiable by earthly standards.

But by God's standards, cancer has lost because he is at peace and with Him.  I was blessed to know this little boy.  He was one of the most confident, strong people I've ever taught.  A quiet warrior.  And I will never forget him.  And I have faith he is with God.

This is my favorite song our church sings.  It's message resonates with me daily. 

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn, It's tough to lose someone you know-especially when they are young and never had a chance. It is meaningful that you keep him in your memory. Sorry. Try to look ahead. Your mom is looking forward to her visit with you. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete