 |
| The Biltmore |
Well, I don't think you were left saying "Wow, they really could have
Built More"... It was SO HUGE. Beyond huge. Enormously massive. 240 rooms. The largest private residence in the United States. It was like orchestrating a massive production every day just to run it for the Vanderbilt family. It was very interesting to see the inside and hear the history of this home. I was glad in the end that we got the audio guide becuase I learned a lot from it....and I actually knew what I was seeing.
You aren't allowed to take pictures inside, so here are some pictures I found online to give you an idea of what I saw. But trust me, it doesn't even scratch the surface. Among my favorite rooms were....
 |
| George Vanderbilt's personal library, complete with a chess set and chess table owned by Napoleon |
 |
| The wife's bedroom and dressign chamber... it was every girl's dream! |
 |
| Dining hall...which is speratre from the "breakfast room" mind you. I loved the three giant, roaring fireplaces! |
But my favorite part of all were the views, Spectacular! Especially during fall! The rest are all pictures I took.
 |
| Porch that you can walk on during the tour...dont' mind my headsets! |
Charlie and I also walked around the grounds, which are, literally, 100x the size of Central Park in New York. The drive UP to the Biltmore alone is 2 miles long. The grounds are complete with stables, a water fall, a bass lake, an archery area, and it's own golf course. Not to mention miles of landscaped forest/gardens.
 |
| One of the many amazing gardends with beautiful mums |
 |
| Charlie the bridge near where we stopped to have a picnic lunch |
 |
| Beautiful lake |
We loved the Biltmore, and we hope to go back one day. There were tons of thigns we missed even though we were there all day. Afterwards we went shopping :D :D :D, which was more like browsing, and then we went out to dinner at a famous restaurant in the area. We came home by 9 pm so dead tired, but it was worth it. :)
Loved the post. So glad you enjoyed it. You look so cute. Amazing. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteI love the Biltmore house! I live in Asheville and we go during the holidays when they have all the Christmas decor up. It's breathtaking!
ReplyDelete-Cortney @ themusingsofasimplegirl.blogspot.com