Basically it is the story of our family room. Everything "extra" is scattered in there, hodge-podge and we are using pillows as a resting place. Ummm....not really cutting it. We need a good place for floppin'!
Our criteria for our floppin' spots are as follows:
1) The couch must have a chaise attached
2) The couch measure less than 95 inches long
3) An armchair (with footrest) for reading by the window must be included
4) The fabric must not stain easily (as much as I love white, it just wasn't an option for us)
5) The fabric must be "pet friendly" and easily cleanable
6) The furniture must be a classic design
7) The package must be a good price, but good quality
8) The package must have high ratings online.
9) EVERYTHING MUST BE COMFORTABLE!!! (This seems obvious, but it seems a lot of couches these days don't follow this simple rule.)
This is the room (empty, so you can see the space) we are looking to couchify.
The ottoman would go against the wall with the windows and the couch would be directly facing the fireplace. It is not a huge room, so we wanted to maximize space. I had been eying this couch for a while from pottery barn. Like, pretty much since the beginning of time:
Amazingness....everthing we wanted. It is the right length, it has the chaise part I was looking for, it is easy to clean... but it's also about $3,000 just for the couch. Um....no thanks.
The biggest problem is that most sectionals are too big and bulky for the space. Or they were just plain ugly. Others we just too expensive.
They we came across these guys from Haverty Furniture:
P.S. They read darker in person.
They are perfect and meet all of our criteria. And they swallow you up with comfyness. As we sat on them in the showroom, awkwardly figuring out if we could spoon on them, I turned to Charlie and said, "Hon, I think Luna would approve."
Indeed she would.
We bought them right then and there.
Thank you to Vicki and Chuck for our amazing house-warming gift! We love and miss you guys so much :)



Love 'em! Hope they get to you soon!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to my next visit filled with flopping!
ReplyDeleteOooo those look so comfy! I'm pretty jealous!
ReplyDelete