So, for the next 6 weeks or so, my blog will be a little less about my spouse and a whole lot less about our house...it will be about my European adventure. Mi aventura española to be exact. ;) What I see, what I eat, what I do, what I feel. When I come home it will regain my day to day "american normalcy," but for the next few weeks, expect to be hearing about tapas, siestas, viajes, and.... vino tinto. Lots of vino tinto. And cañas. That, too ;) And if you don't know what any of those mean, keep following because you will soon.
I'm completing the segunda fase (second phase) of a program I began last year, so the beauty of it is, I get to be with the same people, the friends I have gained last year: Spanish, Latin American, Mexican, Canadian... so I'm excited to see everyone again and share this experience. :)
Last year was an amazing one.... I saw Spain win the world cup...
Went to class here... (corny pose alert!)
And saw a million and one beautiful, historic places places....
| Rural church 2 hours outside of Salamanca |
| Segovia |
| Salamanca, by night |
| My favorite place to have a vino tinto ;) |
When I tell most people I'm going to Spain for 6 weeks, they are happy for me, but many of them say (more than I expected), "Wow, you are going to leave your husband for all that time??" Or "You are almost done! Just get this over with as soon possible so you can be with your husband."
Um, thanks?
This doesn't make me mad...just makes me smile inside because they clearly don't understand. At all. Will I miss Charlie? Absolutely. Every day. Will he miss me? Definitely. But what I love about him, and one of the many reasons I married him, is that he supports me 110% in pursuing this goal. He recognizes that I am furthering my education, myself, and our future, and that 12 weeks apart is part of that sacrifice to get there, and in the grand scheme of the universe, not that much time at all. Milliseconds. I prayed about it, God provided, and my husband is amazingly supportive of my calling. Amazingly. So many people go back to school to get their Master's...they just go to class several nights a week for a few hours. I am going in a very concentrated amount of time, but immersed in the culture I am "mastering." For our marriage what some people see as a sad parting is actually a blessing. Besides, it's true what they say...absence does make the heart grow fonder. ;)
However I have to say, I think the best part for my DH is knowing that when I come back, after having missed two anniversaries in a row, we have a great trip awaiting in summer, 2012. Right now, Costa Rica is a front-runner. I'd love suggestions. It's happening, people!!!
For now, signing off from the US, my next post will be from España. See you on the flip side!
Safe travels my daughter. Looking forward to your postings. Love you!
ReplyDeleteYayy! Have fun and travel safe. I just found your blog and I am loving it so far. Can't wait to hear about your adventures! You got yourself a new follower.
ReplyDelete-Sarah from livinglifelakeside.blogspot.com