I found out this week that next year has changes in store for my job. Not whether or not I have it or the school I am teaching in, but they are still changes nonetheless. Budget cuts mean change; I can tell you that much. Change is really, really hard if you are a person like me. I like things to stay the same. Who doesn't? I'm kind of to the point where I hang super fugly Christmas decorations because they are "sentimental" and I preform weird kissing pattern rituals on my dog because I have to kiss her in the same pattern every time. Awkward. I'm just weird like that. ;)
In all seriousness, and I'm not going to get into detail on my blog. ;) To be honest, our principals don't even know the specifics, yet. All I know is that I am going to keep teaching and impacting kids, and I'm employed next year. These things make me very, very, more than blessed, so I choose to focus on the joys....
- IT'S SUMMATIME!!! The kids packed up their last binder and turned in their last paper. Final end of course exam average for my two classes combined? 90.5%. They may be the most brilliant kids I've ever taught. I love them. I feel like a proud momma bear...sending my cubs off to high school. Okay, that was an awkward analogy, but you get the point.
- I leave for Spain in 2 weeks to finish my masters. Then I'll have a masters. Ah. :)
- I ordered the pendant lamp from Overstock. $79 with tax and free shipping. Can't get better than that. I got an email saying it shipped out today. Yay.
- My sister-in-law found pictures of our National Whitewater Center adventure online. I'm in the back left and DH is the front right.
- And me falling out is captured on film!! :)
- I am drinking a celebratory drink while writing this post. ;)



I'm glad that you're able to look on the bright side of things! I'm a teacher, too, and education is such a scary field to be in right now. We've just got to keep our heads up and be grateful for what we have.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know that I mentioned you in my blog for the Versatile Blogger Award! Keep your chin up and have a great summer!
Loved this post. I am so incredibly proud of my beautiful and INTELLIGENT daughter. With love and hugs...
ReplyDelete