I leave for Spain in less than a week, and some of our friends thought that we should plan a goodbye "adventure." Adventures are scary because I'm not super athletic. In fact, I just may be non-athletic. (Not a bum, just not very coordinated.) Lucky for me hiking doesn't require much coordination...just putting one food in front of the other and moving forward! More difficult than walking, but the only direction in mind being the summit--however long it takes to get there. Endurance and willpower. I can handle it.
The hike itself took about 3 hours, and was about 5 or 6 miles. We went to Stony Mountain in NC, which is about a 2 hour drive away. It was my first time really, truly hiking, so I didn't know what do expect, and I was pleasantly surprised. The trials were stunning, the views were incredible, the weather was just about perfect (although we did get caught in a massive downpour for the last 1/2 mile!) I am going to be so sore tomorrow, but it was totally worth it.
Here are a few highlight pictures of the day...
 |
| Charlie thinks he's a bird ;) |
 |
| Our group minus me...taking the pic! |
|
 |
| That's all granite!!! |
 |
| View from the trail |
 |
| Summit pic! |
Fun-filled day. I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. We have decided to find more trails like this in NC. Good times had by all!
No comments:
Post a Comment