School ended. Paperwork is turned in. It's summer. I start my Master's classes in less than two weeks....so what do I do??? I paint. That's right...the master bedroom. I didn't say I was normal or that my fun was the same as your fun. ;) My current obsession is Valspar's Voyage. It's grey, but blue, but grey, but blue...this unexplainable transformy color that I love. It was the color of choice.
It's neutral, and exactly one shade darker from our living room color, Valspar's Silver Leaf:
So, on a random Monday night I got to painting...yeah, Monday. School was a day of paperwork and classroom cleanup, so it was easy-peasy. I'm used to being on my feet, being interactive, and well, teaching people. It was a walk in the park comparatively. Charlie came in to help me on Tuesday and we finished the job. We did touch-ups on Wednesday.
We took our room from this before-before (aaaaaaahhhhh, ugly fan alert):
To this intermediate stage (so beige, so blah):
To some more color....
It's still a work in progress. Eventually I would love a full length mirror and a few more decorative items, but that comes with time.
We probably won't be painting for at least a little while longer, because that upper trim was a huge pain to get on a ladder to paint! But when we do paint again, it will be Charlie's office in Valspar's Drizzling Mist:
I love the color! Great job. Also, I just read that you're coming to Spain... where are you headed to??
ReplyDeleteI'm headed to Salamanca for 6 weeks :) So excited, but going to be missing DH.
ReplyDelete