Sunday, December 12, 2010

Craigslist

I adore Craigslist.  Saturday afternoon while working in my thesis (and taking one of my many necessary breaks), I happened to be browsing it looking for moving boxes and other home decor at a discount.  I then came across a gem of a breakfast-nook table: dark espresso finish, pretty design, perfect size, and a great price.

I was geeked.  I love tables.  I love cheap tables.  And we need one.  Our family unit conversation pretty much unfolded as such:

However, after Charlie carefully considered the "happy life happy wife rule"..and knew it was important to me...

 ...we went to pick it up.. and after all we need a place to eat in the kitchen!  So we borrowed a truck from a friend and headed up to Huntersville.  Ed and his wife were selling it, and they helped us load it into the truck.  What made the pot even sweeter?  They had just moved from the same area we live in now, so they had a garage full of moving boxes and they gave them all to us!!!  This made Charlie also very happy.
We arrived home and promptly fed Luna.  And now our home is filled with boxes galore and another table.  Yay deals!

Here's the exact table we snagged, too.   (They told us where they bought it so I found it online).  We saved almost $500 through Craigslist.  Score!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo, sweet table and chairs! Great job. And those boxes, that is the whipped cream and cherry on top for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne "Misshammy"January 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM

    This post literally made me LAUGH OUT LOUD! :) Matt, too, knows how important the "happy wife, happy life" rule is :)

    And I adore your table! I want to say that this was very similiar to one I wanted WAY back when :) But it was two toned.
    So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete