Charlie and I have been spending a fair amount of time at Lowe's lately. We don't even officially own a home yet, but Black Friday had us calling and besides, we like to walk up and down the aisles pricing everything to see what we are in for in a couple of weeks. Rake $14.95, Spackle $3.95, Fan for the master $89.99...stopping to take your picture on a toilet, priceless.
Okay, so a little awkward. But where else would you find a "Kathryn suite"? I think I almost made a lady pee her pants when she saw us take this picture! It was a busy Saturday, so I'm pretty sure I had some guts! ;)
In all seriousness, we were in there scoring a deal. So, without further ado, our kitchen lovelies to be delivered in a few weeks.
We'll start off with the microwave... We originally wanted a microwave over the oven, but it wouldn't fit with the cabinets, and when this $100 MW went on sale for $69 we scooped it up! I don't know about you, but I seriously cannot live in a home without a MW. I use it every day. And you better believe frozen meals will be a staple the first few days. Lowe's is working with us and delivering it for us, too, even though it's normally something you buy in store and take home that day. Yay for one less thing to lug around.
And this is my favorite of all purchases...our fridge. Swoon. Thanks to Black Friday this fridge was originally $2,249 and well out of our league, but we scored it for about $1,500. Back before I knew anything about home-buying, I always thought homes came with a fridge and all the appliances, but I guess that isn't standard, but we are so lucky to have found this baby. Plenty of room for bulk shopping, too with all my couponing.
In other news we have been keeping busy. My thesis is almost...dare I say it?...DONE! I have the conclusion and one section to write about globalization and Epals. And I'm through!!! Well, the editing will take time, but the big chuck of the the writing is done. I feel so accomplished.
We went to a Holiday party last night with some friends and played Taboo... such a fun game, and one I happen to be very good at (and quite competitive at!). LOL. I lost on "robbery"...how do you describe "robbery" if you can't say bank, steal, money, take, or police???
No comments:
Post a Comment