Sunday, March 21, 2010

Springtime!

Vicki and Chuck came to visit on their drive up from Florida this past weekend. They survived the "coldest winder in Florida's history" of 50s/60s temps and cloud-cover, but in Charlotte this weekend, the first weekend of Spring, temps hit the near 80s! The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and I didn't run into one person who was in a bad mood. What an ideal visit. The boys golfed for a good chunk of Saturday, and Vicki and I enjoyed the first good porch weather in a while. Later we visited the dog park and had dinner at Southpark. Sunday brought rain, but I got to test out my new galoshes...I can't complain too much. :)

I can't believe it's already spring, and that means summer is just around the corner. It won't be long until I turn 25 (really? ah!), I go to Spain, and we celebrate our 1 year anniversary. I can hardly believe it, either!

With the turn in weather comes sandals....finally. I'm so sick of wearing closed-toed shoes! This summer's trends are fun I think--flirty and very comfortable. Forget thong-sandal blisters. The only problem I foresee is funny tan lines. :/ Oh well, I'm in love with my new shoes. Thank you, Target...and the gladiators (who I believe started the trend). ;)

This week Charlie and I are also agonizingly waiting for him to hear back about his most recent interviews. He made it through two rounds, and nailed them both, and now it's time to play the "wait for a phone call early next week" game. It's a slow process, and business-wise, "early next week" has a plethora of definitions. I'm proud of him either way-- it's an exciting time.


No comments:

Post a Comment