Saturday, March 13, 2010

S%#& and Roses

These past couple weeks have been really, really hard: the main reason I haven't been blogging lately. Mom had her heart surgery on Thursday, and Adam has been sick for weeks with unknown X illness that's been puzzling doctors. It's been so hard to be far away from family during this time. I think about them every day, and the distance doesn't make things easier. To top it off, work has been so stressful. Lucky for me my wonderful husband had roses waiting for me on Thursday night after karate. I think I accepted them in the horizontal position at 8:30 pm, falling asleep to some Bravo t.v. re-run. Charlie knew they meant the world to me, though.

This weekend was so completely necessary to my survival...I was a shell of myself on Friday night, and I don't really remember it I was so tired, but I woke up on Saturday after a good night's sleep, and it was refreshing to take some time for myself. That night we went out with Lauren and Chris, our Michigander friends who just moved to Charlotte. It was nice to kick back with a drink in honor of St. Patty's day :)

A little retail therapy was also part of the equation. Purchases from the weekend included:
Target galoshes... I've ruined exactly three pairs of shoes directing traffic in rainy weather after school (ah yes, the life of a teacher), so I decided it was time to stop this nonsense. I thought they were fun and cute, and now I may save some of my suede shoes from their death.

This adorable little lantern from IKEA for our patio. I can't wait to use it... so finally we can light a candle during NC's glorious spring months. I will never forget buying it...I think Charlie was getting a bit bored near the end of our shopping trip, so he was making fun of the European things at IKEA, randomly busting out a techno tune and talking in a Swedish accent. Quite amusing.

And now comes the "S%#&" part of the post... this afternoon we took Luna-mc-lunerton to her favorite place of all...the park. We let her run off-leash (since it's surrounded by creeks and she can't really escape) and she adores it. Today she was more gutsy than usual, and she wandered behind a tree stump, when she emerged, the entire right side of her body was covered in, you guessed it, POOP. Gross, smelly, no-clue-what-kind-of-animal-dumped-it, POOP. It was stuck in the nooks and crannies of her collar and she was proudly tottering toward us. As if that weren't enough, she then proceeded to dart in the other direction and just so happened to stumble upon a huge pile of rabbit poop and she ATE IT. Ug. I was so mad at her. We spent a good 40 minutes washing her in the tub, and I swear she was laughing at us the whole time..."What? Poop is fun! I can't wait to go back to the poop place!" Fat chance dog. Oh well...she knows what she did....

1 comment:

  1. That sweet Charlie and his roses. You married well. Thanks for the crappy update! Love and miss you guys,

    ReplyDelete