Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Confessions of a foodie... and avid organizer...

I love Easter time, if not just for the Cadbury eggs. I don't know why I love them so much. I've heard many complain that they are far too sweet and overpowering, but boy oh boy, I think I could scarf 3-4 in a sitting if given the chance. And this is not a joke or exaggeration. I think they should come little boxes of a dozen, just like you buy eggs at the store. While this would only last you a couple of days, it would be quite convenient. And I would stock up.

Good thing, too. I was reading an article (here) on cnn.com that says, "Compared with people who rarely ate chocolate (about one bar per month), the people who ate the most chocolate (slightly more than one bar per week) had a 27 percent and 48 percent reduced risk of heart attack and stroke, respectively, the researchers found."

I say I have the best habit around!

These past couple of days I've been also re-arraging things around the house just...because? I don't know. I've been big on Glade air fresheners this week, so maybe the new scent prompted a change.

Something that's been a huge pick-me-up lately has been thinking about the beach and being on vacation. It's nice to have a little piece of that around you every day.... I love white coral so much. I know, it's trendy right now, but it's sooo relaxing to me.


So here's what we started off with...a super messy coffee table...that was driving me bonkers. Blah.


And here is the after. Apart from the obvious de-cluttering I added some vases from the bathroom and changed the plant pot. I added a little beach and some Siesta sand, too. We got the starfish when we got engaged, and Vicki brought us the sand back from Siesta. Yay for relaxation. And yay for pick-me-ups...that I just had lying around the house. ;)



2 comments:

  1. The only thing you're missing there are some sea shells. ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...gosh...where are they when you need them!?!?

    ReplyDelete