Thursday, January 5, 2012

Things that make me smile...

Going back to work after a beautiful long break makes everything seem so...I don't know...serious?  Painstaking.  Tiring.  You name it.  I'm quite frankly still adjusting to sleeping in so much over break.  Not going to lie.  It got excessive.  9:30 exessive.  Even 10:00 exessive.  Oops.  :P 

But there were lots of little things that made me crack up this week.  Made it trot along.  Those things connect the dots for me.

One in particular made me smile today.

As a short back-story....

There is a giant, pink, stuffed rabbit in my Spanish classroom.  I got him from a garage sale for 50 cents a few years back, but he took off in popularity is a favorite in my classes this year.  Heck if I know why.  I suppose it's because he doesn't fit in any bin or storage container, so he's always just sitting out, staring at you. 

He's been (lovingly) named El Señor Chubby Chub Chubs.  One of the kids made it up.  I don't know.  It stuck.

He's wonderful, because the kids love to hug him, pull on him, play with him, throw him, and get to learn and practice all those fun "I'm-in-middle-school-wanna-know-'em" words like gordo (fat), feo (ugly), tonto (dumb), and my favorite, gordito (fatty)... all without offending anyone.  It's all in good fun.

Anyway, every time I tell a Spanish story and there is a bad/evil/wreched character, it is always El Señor Chubby Chub Chubs  Poor rabbit.  One little boy volunteers to do his voice every time and he always hams it up.  He makes him sound really dumb and laxidasical. 

Anyway, Monday morning, I walk into my classroom, and in the corner of the room, I see this...

Poor Sr. CCC.  He had a hard weekend.  Hitting the carrot juice way too hard.  It made me smile.  I hope something made you smile today, too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment