So I realized that I forgot to share this craft with you! I'd like to state that this is not my idea. I'm not that creative. Haha. (I stole it from
Our First Nest via Pinterest...right down to the colors! :) ) What's sad is that I actually don't have a place for it in our house, yet. I've found that while I the colors, it doesn't really go with much around our house. Hehe. Such is life. I'll find a spot eventually. Right now it is hanging in our closet. ;)
I picked up a canvas from Michales on clearance (which prompted me to do the project) and used acrylic paint and brushes. I paid less than $7 for the whole thing.
First I marked off the board using painters tape...

Then I painted in the lines. I printed Michigan from a google image and flipped the "Mitten" over and colored over it with a pencil. I pushed pretty hard so some of the ink would come off on the canvas. Don't know if you can see it to the right.
Then I painted everything in and put a <3 near Detroit...where we met!
Now if I can only find a spot for it....I'm sure I will eventually! ;)
Very cute. Bonus room?
ReplyDelete