Katy got married in Chicago this past weekend! I skipped school on Friday (yay, skipping, lol). Charlie and I made our way by plane to Chi-town in the a.m. I was honored to be Katy's Matron of Honor and stand next to her on such an important day. Wouldn't have missed it for the world.
The day was effortless... because the couple was so happy, how could it be anything but?. :) Strong wind gusts, ominous clouds, and sprinkles of rain couldn't wipe the smile off the bride's--or the groom's--face. The bridal party even took pictures outside and turned to popsicles. All for the sake of love! I'm so happy for Katy.
Katy lived in the same dorm room for 4 years and only 20 minutes apart in N.C....but now 700 miles separate us. That's hard. It's difficult to be away from the people that you love. Katy and I always said, though... "BFF, maid of honor, and godmother of the firstborn."...and that's not even something 700 miles can separate!
Life is so seasonal and changes so fast. When I think about how much has changed since we moved to Charlotte, it makes my jaw drop. Not every day has been perfect, but we are still so honored and humbled by what the Lord has provided us with. We have more blessings than we can count and friends--like Katy--we treasure are among those. I hope all of you have a friend that you'd freeze like a pospicle for. Those are the best kind. :)
I love this picture of 2 beautiful women! How much you're grown and changed since that first August day in 2003 when you moved into your cozy dorm room together. Love,
ReplyDelete