That is until yesterday when I became the proud owner of the HTC Android Incredible. They just hit shelves Thursday... needless to say, last night I was completely consumed for 5 hours straight learning it's ins and outs. I was creating my own google calendar, connecting my phonebook to facebook pages (yes, I can spy on you!), and downloading every free "app" under the sun. It was great. I talked with Charlie via an internet Skype service, viewed constellations from where I was standing on my phone, hit up the cheapest gas station, added widgets on my different phone interfaces, read a Spanish comic book, made photo frames of Luna, checked my e-mail, created a grocery list....
...and then I got a phone call from my mom.
...and the phone didn't work.
And so, I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with "Steve" from Verizon Wireless trying to figure out the reason behind my problem.
What are the odds that the "Incredible" do-it-all-phone that has an application for everything under the sun can't make a phone call? Apparently pretty high in my case. I guess in the first wave of phones they are trying to "get the kinks ironed out"...and if it happens again I need to restart the phone. If the problem persists they will order me a new one. Oh joy.
In the meantime, though...I will be enjoying the many features the phone has to offer...and keeping up with the news at work.
I suppose that's what you get when it's "very expensive."
P.S. If you did not get the last joke then you did not spend the better part of your childhood in the 90s ;)
Ah yes, emerging technology. It's wonderful ... when it works.
ReplyDeleteIs that me in that purple jogging suit with the blue beads? Doug is awesome! Glad you have a phone!
ReplyDelete