I can't believe I leave for Spain in 3 weeks time. (And I still need my hotel and transportation!) This is my task for tomorrow afternoon.... Madrid here I come.
My emotions are distinct this go-around. I always feel a very specific way right before I leave for Spain. I feel happy to leave, stressed to have to do it, and eager to return to my second home :) I'm calmer than I was a few weeks ago. The workload for my master's program is a stressful reminder that I'm not going to have much of a break this summer, and that sucks, but I look forward to the fact that I'm going to be learning in a new way that I never have before... in the place I love most in all the world. I look forward to the challenge and dread it at the same time. For some reason, the word "Masters" STILL seems so distant to me. Is that really me? Kathryn? Getting her MASTERS? That was always something that you do when you're "like thirty"... I'm with people twice my age who know more about the world than I do, and I hoping my little Albion college degree measures up!
And yet, I'm sure I'll be with others who are thinking, "Geeze, everyone is half my age, fresh out of college, and I haven't taken a test in 15 years."
We'll see. :) I look forward to learning from everyone. The cool thing is we all bring something different to the table. Somehow, I think I'll be listening and learning a lot this trip :).
I'll be staying HERE if you are interested to see it. It's in Spanish, but you can see pictures of the residencia. I'll be sans the IKEA decor...obvio. But you get the idea.
Tonight Charlie and I ate at a Spanish Grille in the Ballantyne area...the Sangria was good as was the paella. Far better seafood than I was expecting. I wanted to order more tapas, but I'll get to do that soon enough... and the ones in Spain vienen con un plato de acetunas.* :)
*come with a plate of olives
So that is a photo of the dorm room you'll be living in?
ReplyDeleteyes it is :)
ReplyDelete