Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Lipstick empowerment.

Mornings have been really hard for me this week.  Usually the morning is a calm, quiet time, but in the last few days I've been feeling really stressed, that was repressed during spring break, but emerges again with the start of work and getting back to, well, "life."  My morning shower consists of me talking to myself about everything I have to accomplish, the order I have to accomplish it in, and how I know I won't be able to get it all done. 

That's where the lipstick comes in.  I have a million tubes just sitting around that I haven't used in ages.  Remember when that really ugly brown color was "in" in the late 90s?  (I know it's gross that I still have makeup from this long ago...).  That ugly brown "caramel mocha" just became my morning empowerment.

I began to write encouraging verses, sayings and quotes on my mirror... the words I need to hear.... to stare back at me and lift me up.  Maybe I need to hear about peace.  Maybe hope.  Maybe I need to be reminded to believe in myself... it's very liberating.  And surprisingly fun to write on a mirror.  Try it sometime.

So scribbled across the top of my mirror are the simple words, "for the battle is the Lord's" (1 Samuel 17:47)... from the most powerful story of David and Goliath.  I read it the other day in it's entirety for our Starting Point group, and it is my new favorite of the moment.

Happy mirror writing :)

2 comments:

  1. I too have lipsticks from the '90s. Oh wait ... those are magic markers ... I knew something didn't seem right.

    ReplyDelete