I got a couple Valentines from students this year that really made me melt. Made my whole week, actually. Nothing beats a home-made card and/or a kind word. Even my mom sent us a home-made Valentine which was so sweet (Love you, Mom!) I thought it was great that Charlie got to share in the love of kids this year, too. He received a Valentine from one of his karate students. I thought it was sweet, and you could tell he felt special to be "loved on" by a kid. Here is the card
Friday, February 12, 2010
Mr. "Snerley"
I love Valentine's Day, and I know a lot of people find it pretentious, but as a teacher, I find it to be just about the best holiday there is. Not much hype at school, not much hype at home, and there is no feast to be prepared or travel plans to be made. It's the one holiday where people give you little tokens of love, kind words of encouragement, and make you get the tingly "I'm special" feeling. It's far better than the "Christmas mentality" where you are given obligatory "my mom bought this for you at 10 pm last night because I thought you needed a gift."
I got a couple Valentines from students this year that really made me melt. Made my whole week, actually. Nothing beats a home-made card and/or a kind word. Even my mom sent us a home-made Valentine which was so sweet (Love you, Mom!) I thought it was great that Charlie got to share in the love of kids this year, too. He received a Valentine from one of his karate students. I thought it was sweet, and you could tell he felt special to be "loved on" by a kid. Here is the card

I got a couple Valentines from students this year that really made me melt. Made my whole week, actually. Nothing beats a home-made card and/or a kind word. Even my mom sent us a home-made Valentine which was so sweet (Love you, Mom!) I thought it was great that Charlie got to share in the love of kids this year, too. He received a Valentine from one of his karate students. I thought it was sweet, and you could tell he felt special to be "loved on" by a kid. Here is the card
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the shout out honey. Love you too. Homemade and heartfelt.
ReplyDelete