I went on break from work. And I decided to paint. This is always how these things go, right?
Here were our color choices if you remember...
But at the last minute, I was doubting them. I thought for the longest time that Cup of Cocoa was THE color, and then, as I would randomly pass it darker lights, and I didn't like it. I kept comparing it to Luna's butt color and baby poop. Never a good sign. If you are too classy for butt and poop talk, I'll put it for you in decorating terms: at night it looked too harsh and too gray-brown. I know gray is in, but gray brown is ugly.
So I did what any "normal" person does...I went to HD and bought two more paint samples...
And Charlie thought it would be funny to take a picture of my agony. ;) (We added Luna to make you feel sorry for me. HA!)
It was strange, though because somehow the other colors on the wall brought clarity to the situation that Toasted Wheat was indeed the right color for the space.
So we bought 3 gallons and took the plunge. After two days of painting, it was complete...
As a reminder...here is how it looked the day we moved in....
And here it is now...
The color is perfect! I'm so glad that we went with this lighter shade. It warms up the place but doesn't overwhelm it.
Also, notice anything different? That would be the mirror...from Kirkland's Homes. It is a champagne color and was on deep discount. Marked from $60 to $30. 
I like the textured feel of it, and proportionately, it works much better in the space.We also continued the paint job all the way up the stairs and into the hallway.
Here is how it looked before...
And here is how it looks now...
I found a much better home for that picture from our wedding...
I moved the bench out from the guest bedroom and hung some pictures. Charlie was confused by the space initially. He wondered how sitting in a hallway made sense, and then he imagined it being a "contemplation" corner, where we look at family pictures and ponder them.
When it told him it was a storage bench (used for, well, storage) and it was merely an aesthetic thing in the hallway, I think it crushed him a little.
Well, whatever you like to call it, a "contemplation corner" or a "storage" we like it and it works for us. I promised Charlie I wouldn't paint for a while...but there is always our master bath on the back burner. Muhahahaha.
P.S. I realized I forgot to share our Christmas card with y'all! We were on the cheap route this year...because last year I spent $40 just on printing everything...not even including stamps. This year I had the bright idea to make the card myself and print it at CVS on a 4x6 picture. I tucked them inside Christmas cards that were originally from a box store and donated to Goodwill. Everything totaled, I paid just over $6 for 35 cards and 35 pictures. Score. Plus, since we are so ridiculously good looking, it might just be the best Christmas card ever.
P.P.S. If you got one already you must be really cool.
P.P.P.S If you didn't get one, it doesn't mean you're not cool, it just means it's still in the mail...
.... or that I don't have your address. ;)
I know I won't have time to update before Christmas, so have a
HAPPY CHRISTMAS!
Feliz Navidad
xo.

The color is perfect! Warm and serene. Love it. Love you good looking kids too. Merry Christmas because I get to spend it with you. xxoo
ReplyDelete